Tuesday 10 July 2012

Confession: I have terrible eyebrow envy! Tips for the perfect brows.

Yes this is a bit of an embarrassing one but it's true. I find as soon as I meet someone I'm checking out their eyebrows. It's probably the first thing I do. I blame this on the fact that previous to becoming an aerobics instructor and before becoming a mum I was a Health and Beauty manager in a salon in Newcastle. In this job I started of as a therapist and within 3 months was the manager. This role meant I always had to take good care of my appearance - and a therapist with bad eyebrows is never good.

My own eyebrows are actually pretty appalling at the moment as I'm temporary out of the area where I have my brows threaded. I won't just have anyone work on my brows and always go to Asha from Coco Rose. I find many therapists take too much off and eyebrows one hair thick is never a good luck! Good eyebrows bring out your eyes and for many people their eyes are their best feature, just by having well groomed eyebrows I believe you can instantly look more beautiful. 

If you have eyebrows that are quite thick or need reshaping I'd highly recommend threading as the definition in shape is so much more than waxing or tweezing in my opinion. If your eyebrows aren't as thick then obviously there isn't as much to play with so you won't get as much definition. 

My tips for perfect brows:

1) If your eyebrows are quite thin or totally out of shape try growing them in for a while - so you can get a better re-shape! For me this is a killer letting them frankly become a bit bushy, but if you can resist it will be worth it for a really good shape. The exception to this rule is you must pluck in the middle - monobrows are never cool!

2) If your brows are fine then get them tinted. There is no point having beautiful shaped brows if you can't see them.

3) If you decide to do a re-shape yourself make sure you measure where you should be removing the hairs and don't over do it.  See photo below.


A) Get a ruler or something with a straight edge and from the edge of your nose hold it straight up. This is where your eyebrows should start. 

B) Place the ruler in the same place again but now letting it cross the outside of the pupil. This is where you should have an arch. The brow between A and B should be about pencil width. 

C) Starting back in the same position measure to where you eye ends. This is the minimum length you want your eyebrows to be.

Extra tips: *Don't pluck when your on your period as you skin is more sensitive. 
*Always pluck in the direction your hair grows.
*Pluck after a hot shower when your pores are more open.
*Never pluck long hairs as these give your brows shape. 
*For unruly hairs comb down with little bit of vaseline and finally make sure to check in the mirror from a distance during plucking to ensure brows stay even .

Enjoy your beautiful brows x


No comments: