Friday 6 July 2012

What to do if you can't stick to your diet!

I cannot diet end of. I simply have no willpower for it. I love food, especially junk food and find it so difficult to eat bad food in moderation. So I don't buy it and set myself individual challenges rather than following a specific diet plan that restricts certain foods. I don't agree with restricting yourself something, but everything in moderation.  All these diet plans have been set up to make money and don't care if your just losing muscle not fat or if your not getting the required nutrients you need. So to really succeed you need to get the devil out of your body. By this I mean your devil. That one food(s) that you know is really bad for you and if your honest with yourself your most probably addicted too. This is your devil because it's likely making your fat, unhappy and definitely unhealthy. Quite simply you need to tell him or her to pee off!

I had quite a few. The main one for me was fizzy drinks. I went cold turkey about 2 years ago and to this day I haven't had a slip up. I was really addicted to these drinks especially diet coke and would send my hubby out at ridiculous o'clock to get me a can. I drank them everyday and the more I drank them the more I wanted.....yes it may seem crazy but I was a fizzy drink addict! Think about it could you tell me what makes up those fizzy drinks? Basically I was just polluting my body.



If you eat something everyday that you know isn't good for you or you find something difficult to eat in moderation then go cold turkey. If it's just you can't have one packet of crisps and before you know if you've ate 6 bags then just don't have any. Your not restricting yourself to any specific food group then, but just saying no to a bad addiction. After all it's not that tiny mouthful of something naughty occasionally making you fail in your goals it's the food or drink that you eat in excess. Give it up! It will be hard, it may take several attempts, but just from giving up certain addictions you'll be so much closer to succeeding.

Let me know your addictions and how it goes x

No comments: